Frequently Asked Questions
CONSENSI is a prescription medicine used in adults who need treatment: with amlodipine for high blood pressure (hypertension), to lower blood pressure, and with celecoxib for the management of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Do not take CONSENSI:
- if you are allergic to amlodipine, celecoxib or any of the inactive ingredients in CONSENSI. See the Medication Guide for a complete list of ingredients in CONSENSI.
- if you have had an asthma attack, hives, or other allergic reaction with aspirin or any other NSAIDs.
- right before or after heart bypass surgery.
- if you have had an allergic reaction to sulfonamides.
- Take CONSENSI exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to.
- Take 1 CONSENSI tablet orally each day.
- If your pain stops, do not stop taking CONSENSI until your healthcare provider prescribes a different medicine to treat your blood pressure. Your healthcare provider will monitor your blood pressure when changing to the new medicine.
- If you take too much CONSENSI, call your healthcare provider or get medical help right away.
Talk to your healthcare provider if you are considering taking Consensi during pregnancy. Taking NSAIDs at about 20 weeks of pregnancy or later may harm your unborn baby. If you need to take NSAIDs for more than 2 days when you are between 20 and 30 weeks of pregnancy, your healthcare provider may need to monitor the amount of fluid in your womb around your baby. You should not take NSAIDs after about 30 weeks of pregnancy.
Talk to your healthcare provider if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Consensi can pass into your breast milk. It is not known if Consensi will harm your baby. Talk with your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby if you take Consensi.
- swelling of the arms, legs, hands, and feet
- joint swelling
- stomach pain
- frequent urination
- hot or warm feeling in your face (flushing)
- extreme sleepiness
CONSENSI can cause serious side effects, including:
- liver problems, including liver failure
- worsening chest pain (angina) or heart attack, particularly in people with severe obstructive coronary artery disease
- heart failure
- swelling of your arms, legs, hands and feet (peripheral edema) is common with CONSENSI but can sometimes be serious.
- kidney problems, including kidney failure
- increased potassium levels (hyperkalemia)
- life-threatening allergic reactions
- life-threatening skin reactions
- low red blood cells (anemia)
Get emergency help right away if you get any of the following symptoms:
- shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- chest pain
- weakness in one part or side of your body
- slurred speech
- swelling of the face or throat
Stop taking CONSENSI and call your healthcare provider right away if you get any of the following symptoms:
- more tired or weaker than usual
- indigestion or stomach pain
- flu-like symptoms
- vomit blood
- there is blood in your bowel movement, or it is black and sticky like tar
- unusual weight gain
- your skin or eyes look yellow
- skin rash or blisters with fever
- swelling of the arms, legs, hands and feet